The Codimension documentation includes the following:
- The "Python Code Visualization. Text to Flowcharts" article covers the technology behind the tool and tells the story from the idea till the IDE implementation and beyond. You will find there a motivation for the tool, detailed description of the graphics primitives, implementation details, CML language description and thoughts on the future of the IDE.
- Frequently asked questions which are rather non-technical and can give a good understanding what codimension is and why it is designed the way it is.
- Key bindings section has a comprehensive description of the keyboard hot keys and some more. There is as well a cheatsheet for downloading which can be printed and be handy while getting used to the IDE.
- Plugins tutorial tells about how the plugin subsystem is designed and how to develop the IDE plugins in Python. It also has a complete example of a simple garbage collecting plugin.
- The brief python parser section describes the first of the modules developed within the project. This parser extracts the information about functions, classes, imports, docstrings etc. found in a Python code.
- The control flow parser section describes the second of the modules developed within the project. This parser extracts the information about where each fragment of the code is located and how they are related to each other. That information is a source for generating flowchart diagrams.
- The IDE architecture article describes what components are in the IDE and their purpose.