The features which are planned for the future could be divided into two groups: non-intrusive and intrusive.
Non intrusive in this context means that the source code does not need any additional markups. These features may include the following:
- Auto synchronization of the views. Say, when a text cursor changes its position the graphics view could be scrolled automatically to center the appropriate graphics item.
- All the editing operations could be supported on the graphics view so that when something is changed on the diagram the text view is updated correspondingly.
- Debugging could be supported on the graphics pane via highlighting the current graphics item and a certain line within it.
- There could be controls which allow to show or to hide comments and docstrings. And when they are hidden then the actual content could be shown in a tooltip.
- One more feature which could be implemented is to detect a type of an import – from the current project, system wide or unknown – and display them in a slightly different way. An icon could be changed or a background color could be changed.